5 Things to Know Today — Oct. 3
Don't miss out on this important news and other information.
The National Weather Service's forecast for today is showers likely (60 percent chance) with a high of 67 degrees. Tonight's forecast is a chance of showers (40 percent) with a low of 53.
2. Filling the Tank
The lowest gas prices in Fenton Tuesday evening were $3.76 per gallon, according to MichiganGasPrices.com. Stations offering this price were the Mobil at 1491 N. Leroy St., and Clark, 436 N. Leroy St., in Fenton. The second-lowest price was $3.77 per gallon, at Beacon & Bridge Market, 3011 W. Thompson Rd., in Fenton Township.
It's good news for commuters — West Bloomfield Patch reports that two street projects are almost completed. These are the 14 Mile Road and Orchard Lake Road construction projects.
Zumbatomic, the “crazy-cool dance-fitness workout for kids ages 4-12,” will be from 5-5:45 p.m. today at Fenton United Methodist Church, 119 S. Leroy St. Kids can bring a friend and dance to hip-hop, salsa, regaeton and more. The cost is $5 per participant.
5. Looking Ahead
Saturday is the Linden Fall Festival Trick or Treat Event, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Linden Wooden Playground-Boardwalk, off Silver Lake Road across from the Linden Presbyterian Church. There will be fun, crafts, games and trick-or-treating in a safe, family-friendly environment. Concessions will be available, and admission is $3 in advance or $5 at the event. Registration is through Southern Lakes Parks & Recreation, (810) 714-2011.