Fenton Man Dies After Flu Symptoms, Schools Still Looking for Ways to Update Technology
There was plenty of news in the Fenton area this week.
Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around Fenton this week.
1. Fenton area officials released an ice warning, after the accidental death of a man in a Groveland Township lake, Fenton Patch reports.
2. A Fenton man, Kirk Beauchamp, 44, died three days after becoming ill with flu symptoms on Dec. 26, the Tri-County Times said. Beauchamp leaves his wife, Amy, and their five children.
3. Fenton Area Public Schools is looking at options for updating the district’s technology, after two failed bond votes, the Flint Journal reports.
4. The Detroit Free Press reports the U.S. economy added 155,000 jobs in December, while the unemployment rate remains at 7.8 percent.
5. In Livingston County Circuit Court, Donald Watts Jr. was sentenced to 29 months to 15 years in prison for providing heroin to Kimberly Schanta, 20, of Brighton, who was later found dead of an overdose in 2011, the Livingston County Press & Argus said.