The National Weather Service's forecast for today is a 30 percent chance of showers with a high of 79 degrees. Tonight's forecast is showers likely (a 70 percent chance) with a low of 54.
2. Filling the Tank
The lowest gas prices in Fenton Wednesday evening were $3.99 per gallon, according to Mapquest Gas Prices. Stations offering this price were Owen Road BP Food Shop, 3238 Owen Rd.; Speedway #8405 (discount available), 3245 Owen Rd.; Sunoco, 3325 Owen Rd.; Sunoco, 2461 North Rd.; Speedway #5509 (discount available), 3340 Owen Rd., and Fenton Marathon, 402 W. Silver Lake Rd.
At Monday's meeting, the city of Fenton renewed its contract with STAT EMS, approved increases in fees for services from its building and zoning departments, and endorsed the proposed millage renewal for Genesee Health Plan, which will appear on the Nov. 6 ballot.
Fenton Community Orchestra has a free rehearsal at 6 p.m. today, at Fenton High School, 3200 W. Shiawassee Ave. The orchestra is in its third season and includes musicians of all ages.
5. Looking Ahead
There's still time to catch the Fenton Village Players' showing of, "Escanaba in Love" from 7-9 p.m. Thursday, Friday, or Saturday; or 2 p.m. on Sunday. It will be at the Fenton Village Playhouse, 14197 Torrey Rd., in Fenton.