Weekend Planner: Psychics, Zombies, Halloween Parade and Party and Bill Bynum & Co.
Here's a look at what's happening around town and beyond this weekend.
- Where: Fenton Community & Cultural Center
- When: 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22
- Cost: Free if you wear a costume; otherwise, it's $5 per person. But it's more fun to wear a costume!
- Why go: Halloween fun combined with free food
- Where: Cromaine District Library south lawn, across from Hartland Burying Ground
- When: noon Saturday, Oct. 22
- Cost: Non-perishable food item to donate to Gleaners Community Food Bank (if you can't take part in the walk, but want to donate, the library will accept non-perishable goods from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Why go: Come dressed as your favorite zombiehttp://fenton.patch.com/admin/articles/new and join in this fun walk. It's a scary daytime trip that you won’t want to miss!
- Where: Fenton Winery and Brewery
- When: 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Why go: Watch (or be) the local talent that performs!
4. PSYCHIC FAIR
When: 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21
Cost: Free admission
Why go: Get a psychic reading; or check out jewelry, hair feathers, drawings, get a massage or schedule home/property investigations with local paranormal investigators.
- Where: Hartland Music Hall, 3619 Avon St., Hartland
- When: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22
- Cost: $12 at the door, advance tickets are available for $10 now either here or at Milford Music, Hickory Ridge Feed, Hartland Community Education office, or Hartland Florist
- Why go: Enjoy the unique sound of Bill Bynum & Co.; the group's music "leans into country" and "veers toward bluegrass." Karaoke immediately precedes the concert, which begins at 8 p.m.
- Adopt-a-Pet Bake Sale at 9 a.m. at VG's Foods
- Parshallville Cider Mill features The Sundowners at 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23
- Pumpkin Painting at 1:30 p.m. at Jack R. Winegarden Library