The is just around the corner.
On July 14 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., merchants and artists will participate in the second-year event, and officials are hoping hundreds of residents will join the fun in downtown Fenton.
Visitors will be able to come to a booth in downtown Fenton (just outside ) and receive a map, which will include instructions along with artist and merchant information. People then can visit participating businesses to observe the art, meet the artists and explore what each store has to offer.
To get you ready for the event, we will feature several artists in our Faces of the Fenton Art Walk series in the days leading up to the extravaganza.
Name: Denise Willing-Booher
Type of art: Watercolor Painting
How did you get started as an artist?: I did a painting of Dennis the Menace on a piece of paneling just for fun in about sixth grade and realized to my amazement I had some talent.
Describe your art: I am inspired by what surrounds me, especially nature and people in natural settings. I live on Bennett Lake and enjoy painting the wildlife and beauty on the lake. My work is realistic and expressionistic.
What is your next project?: I am working on a 60 x 40 commission right now. I was selected to do some commission work for St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. I am painting a series of paintings for two shows in July at the Brighton Library and in October at Fandangles in Flushing.
Where can your art be found?: Right now my work can be found at in Fenton.
It can also be found at:
- Michigan Watercolor Society Juried Travel Show July 8 - Aug. 24.
- The Crooked Tree Arts Center Petoskey, Sept. 15 - Nov. 2
- Greater Flint Arts Council Dec. 14 - Jan. 4
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor Alumni Show in Ann Arbor, July 2 - July 20.
- Brighton Public Library August 4 - September 16
- Greater Flint Arts Council August 10 - Sept. 9th
- Fandangles in Flushing October 7 - November 2