Many local children and seniors will have a gift on Christmas morning, courtesy of the 61st Community Wrap-In in Memory of Nancy Stockham. The event organizers, in honor of the late social worker from Fenton, are seeking donations and volunteers.
It will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 6, at the 10235 White Lake Road, Fenton.
New item drop offs will be today through Dec. 5, at the 119 W. Broad St., Linden. The Linden Presbyterian Church is open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The gifts are distributed locally, and donations can include items or funding. Cash donations are tax deductible, and checks should be payable to Wrap In.
The Wrap In also will feature a baked spaghetti and pizza taste off at noon. Participants should bring their own non-alcoholic drink.
- Arts and crafts kits — paint by numbers sets, puzzles, word searches, crosswords.
- Dental supplies — Denture cups, toothpaste and powder, toothbrushes (regular and denture), mouthwash
- Books — Regular adult and children, and large print for the elderly
- New toys for all ages — Boys and girls, including teens. Gift cards, perfume, handheld games, etc.
- Candy, cookies — Hard candy and diabetic
- Adult feeder bibs — Made from bath towels
- Writing supplies — Stamps, pencils, pens, cards and envelopes
- Clothes (new) — Gloves, caps, socks, lap robes, sweaters, etc. Also, infants/children’s/teens’ clothing, inside and outside wear, PJs, gowns and slippers, hoodies, jeans, T shirts
- Cosmetics — Unused all types, lotions, perfumes, deodorant, nail polish, polish remover, body powder, Q-tips, combs, brushes, shampoo/cream rinse, hair accessories, hairspray, emery boards, soap
- Small decorator items — For bedside tables and on walls
- Coloring books, crayons, color pencils
- Canned goods/box foods/treats — To include in the baskets for families and senior citizens
- To bring to the Wrap In — Wrapping paper, scotch tape, scissors
- Special request — Each person is asked to bring a box of Kleenex and/or canned food/boxed food
All items received will be sorted to ensure proper distribution. For more information, contact (810) 241-1856 or (810) 813-3322.