Here are the top five most interesting stories from the Fenton area this week.
1. Leo Bard commissioned to have his 300-year-old Oak tree transformed into a memorial in front of his Hartland home, reported Hartland Patch.
2. Brighton High School Athlete Murals are Featured Prominently in Downtown Brighton, according to Brighton Patch.
3. The Holly Recreation Area is hosting a Zombie Dash this weekend, reported the Holly Express.
4. A Family Says Howell Woman Died of Meningitis After Steroid Treatment. Health officials say a 56-year-old Genesee County woman died of the same thing, according to Brighton Patch.
5. The city asked Linden business owners to pay back sewer fees, reported the Tri-County Times.