Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around Fenton this week.
1. After more than two days of deliberation, a jury in Oakland County Circuit Court found Highland resident Jeffrey Pyne guilty of second-degree murder. Pyne faces up to life in prison for the conviction, reported White Lake Patch.
2. Frank's Tavern in Fenton Township will be torched for firefighter training, according to the Tri-County Times.
3. A West Bloomfield Family Accused of Running Drug Enterprise out of Gas Station has been Arraigned, reported West Bloomfield Patch.
4. Fenton Township will receive 55 tax-foreclosed properties from Genesee County for free, according to the Flint Journal.
5. Hartland Superintendent says Student Safety is 'Highest Priority', reported Hartland Patch.