Here are the top five most interesting stories from the Fenton area this week.
1. Lake Huron waves caused by Hurricane Sandy peaked near 28 feet, according to the Times Herald.
To follow news from some of the most affected areas of the storm and see how local residents are faring, here are links to Patch sites:
2. A fire damaged a home in Rose Township, reported the Holly Express.
3. The Tri-County Times asked Where do our curbside recyclables go?
4. There has been a high rate of bank robberies in Genesee County, according to the Flint Journal.
5. A 100-Year-Old Grave was Dug Up in Marion Township Cemetery, reported Brighton Patch.