Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around the Fenton area this week.
1. Nearly 1,000 tons of salt have been dropped on Fenton streets this winter, according to the Tri-County Times.
2. For several months large booms have been reported in Highland, the cause of the booms are dynamite used by a company doing seismic testing in the area, reported White Lake-Highland Patch.
3. The number of reported dogs bites in Genesee County has jumped 28 percent, according to the Flint Journal.
4. A total of 25 Fowlerville students were suspended from school for stealing snacks out of the vending machine, reported the Livingston Daily Press & Argus.
5. The Oakland Press had a neat story about a Michgian couple that has been married 83 years.