Here is a look at the top five most interesting stories from the Fenton area this week.
1. Genesee County saw a five percent increase in crime from 2010 to 2011, according to the Flint Journal.
2. A Brighton man had a two-hour standoff with police Monday, according to the Livingston Daily Press & Argus.
3. appeared in Novi Wednesday, reported Novi Patch.
4. The Michigan Renaissance Festival has begun and will continue on weekends until Sept. 30.
5. Authorities are investigating the death of a long-time worker with the Road Commission for Oakland County who died in a vehicle accident in Milford Township Tuesday, according to the Oakland Press.