Thursday, January 31, 2013
A small stretch of Adelaide Street was blocked off while the pole was repaired.
A broken utility pole caused some disruption in downtown Fenton Thursday morning. Fenton Fire Chief Robert Cairnduff said a pole near Adelaide and Shiawassee Street had snapped at the base a few weeks ago and finally broke in the wind early this morning. Firefighters responded to the scene at 3:45 a.m. and closed Adelaide Street from Shiawassee Street to Elizabeth Street. Consumers Energy crews have been working to repair the pole. “The pole was kind of flopping in the roadway,” Cairnduff said. “It caused a brief power outage for the city as the power was turned off as the pole was stabilized.” Consumers Energy Spokesman Roger Morgenstern said around 20 customers remained without power in the area around 9:45 a.m. with no estimation of …
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Weather conditions have made chance of fire spread an extreme danger, chief says.
With the current conditions, and the forecast for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service, Fenton Fire Chief Robert Cairnduff am placing a ban on all outdoor fires within the city limits. The current near drought conditions have made the chance of fire spread an extreme danger. The ban will remain in effect until conditions improve. Also Cairnduff urges all residents are also urged to use extreme caution when using fireworks. The City of Fenton ordinance limits the use of fireworks to the day before, the day of, and the day after a national holiday. With the Fourth of July holiday approaching next Wednesday they are encouraging everyone to use good judgment when using fireworks.
Friday, February 10, 2012
The following arrest information was supplied by the Fenton Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
The Fenton Township Fire Department responded to a basement fire around 1 a.m. Feb. 9 on the 1000 block of Petts Road. Fenton Township Fire Chief Ryan Volz said there was heavy smoke and the floor joists were on fire upon arrival. The flames also moved to the furnace. Volz said firefighters were able to get the blaze under control quickly and had it extinguished by 1:44 a.m. "It was an old house and we had to make sure we got all the crack and crevices," Volz said. Volz said the blaze may have had some interaction with the fireplace. Firefighters cleared the scene at 3:29 a.m. Siblings arrested after traffic stop Fenton Police arrested a 41-year-old Columbus, OH resident after a traffic stop on U.S. 23 when an officer discover she had a …