Insurance is complex. You should review your policies with your agent regularly. Cost is an important factor to most buyers but it is imperative that you understand your exposures so you can choose what and how to cover them at a reasonable cost.
Here are five things you should now about insurance.
1. Insurance is intended for large losses, not small ones.
2. Carrying low deductibles and submitting small claims can jeopardize your coverage or cause premium increases as much or more than one large claim.
3. Multi-policy discounts save money. Ask your agent.
4. Loss of use of a rental car may not automatically be covered. Remember every policy has exclusions.
5. Michigan’s PIP, Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist are misunderstood coverages. Talk to your agent to understand what they cover.
Tips have been provided by Brown & Brown of Michigan, Inc.
Brown & Brown of Michigan, Inc. have claimed their on Fenton Patch and are able to add photos, events and specials to the site at no cost. Business owners can do the same by claiming their listing on Fenton Patch.