Fires damaged two houses in Fenton Township Monday.
Fenton Township Fire Chief Ryan Volz said a chimney fire spread throughout the attic and second floor of a home on the 14000 block of Torrey around 11 p.m. Monday.
Volz said the fire started out in the chimney put spread, partly because of the age of the house, when a piece started the wall on fire and it spread to the second floor.
“There was a lot of damage,” Volz said. “It’s going to take a lot to fix.”
Firefighters were on scene until around 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Fenton Township firefighters also responded to a chimney fire around 9 p.m. Monday on the 14000 block of North Road.
Volz said the small blaze began because of a broken chimney damper.